TP-Link Archer C9 Blue LED's are all very weak. During day look as if off. Dark room fairly blue. Works ok however

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer C9 Blue LED's are all very weak. During day look as if off. Dark room fairly blue. Works ok however

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-25 06:42:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Title says it all. But if the LED's are suppose to be bright while operating all the time, then something has gone wrong. I have one at this house, and after being concerned I went to my other house, and it seems to be the same way. I have a 3rd C9 at my daughters house, and will have to ask her if the lights are indeed still bright all the time, as this one was only purchased 3 months ago.

As you can tell I love the reliability of these modems. From day one, they have given unstoppable service at great speeds.

In thinking I might have to get warrantee service, I registered all 3 yesterday. I had to guess which Serial Number I bought the two from Amazon for one, and Newegg for the other. Hope it doesn't matter to Tp-Link people.

Anyway in talking with support he sent me to a link to upgrade the firmware. Original firmware 4.0.0 Build 20150916 Rel. 37772 Hardware Version Archer C9 v1.0
New Firmware Version 3.17.0 Build 20161008 Res.64225n, Hardware Version ArcherC9 v1.

I had to remember the SSID's and settings , but most are automatic, and was up and running in 10 minutes. I also had to set PW and User name, and change the IP address, as I use this one for an Access point a cable distance away from TP-Link that receives Cable Company input.

But this firmware did nothing to help with the brightness of the LED's. Still only visible in a total dark room, and then only barely.

Is this a problem that others have seen?, I this normal? Should I have this unit exchanged before the warrantee period runs out?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C9 Blue LED's are all very weak. During day look as if off. Dark room fairly blue. Works ok however
2017-08-25 10:24:51
not seen this problem on my router. the LEDs were much brighter before? it may be a hardware issue, but if all all your routers behave like that, may be it's how they are designed. some people don't like bright lights. I think you can feedback to the tplink support
Options
Re:TP-Link Archer C9 Blue LED's are all very weak. During day look as if off. Dark room fairly blue. Works ok however
2018-10-14 23:08:03
This problem persist even on firmware version: Archer C9(US)_V1_180125.

It makes the router appear as if it's slowly dying, not to mention it's probably arcing the electrical current going to the lights, thus shortening their lifespan. At least if ' some' people wanted the lights dim the ' smart' thing for them to to have done, would've been to make it a setting in the routers config pages, where it was automatically dimmed by default, but other people who don't want their router looking weak, could easly enhance the brightness of the LED by order of numbers ("0=OFF", "1=weakest", "10=Brightest") this is how it's done with Ooma Telo devices. Don't see any reason it cant be implemented on the C9 router as well. :confused:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1996

Replies: 2