C9 media sharing not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-25 23:53:43
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.17

ISP :

I set up a 3tb drive connected to the router per instructions to share folders with media sharing. Everything looks good in set up but I don't see the share on any of my devices.
The drive is accessible when I map a drive on my pc so file sharing is working just no media server access.
Options
4 Reply
Re:C9 media sharing not working
2017-08-28 17:19:45
What's the hardware version of your router? Make sure you tick Enable Media Sharing. Double check your settings. If you can access the drive another way, then the drive is recognized by the router and it's functioning.
Options
2017-08-29 00:58:13
Thanks for replying, the HW is v1.

I have checked and rechecked the settings several times, it does see the drive and it shares the files through a mapped drive but media share does not show up in media player or my roku devices.
Options
2017-08-29 09:58:57
Maybe you can refer to this FAQ http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-936.html
Does your computer that you want to access media server connect to the main wireless network, or guest network?
BTW, what's the format and capacity of your hard drive? Did you try another USB port?
Options
Allow Guests To Access My USB Storage Sharing
2018-04-04 18:25:33
product: Archer C20i v1 . Firmware: 0.9.1 4.0 v003a.0 Build 160518 Rel.35051n

Problem description
Enabling the feature "
Allow Guests To Access My USB Storage Sharing", "Guest" users cannot access the Media Center on a 4GB pen drive.
Vice versa Guests can access the file system.

Rationale
According to the feature synopsis:
"Allow Guests to access my USB Storage Sharing - If enabled, guests can access USB."
there should not be distinction between
file system and media center and Guests users should be able to access both.

Question:
Per design requirements should Archer configuration make possible to share media center with Guests? In that case, please, explain me how to configure the Archer or provide a new FW that solves the present behavior that seems buggy.

Many thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 4