C5400 V2 (firmware?) bug: the 5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400 V2 (firmware?) bug: the 5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
58 Reply
Re:C5400 V2 (firmware?) bug: the 5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country
2020-01-10 02:20:59
I have a complaint about TP Link support and HAVE emailed them numerous times. Once they determined my router was just out of warranty they have not responded. And they never did provide a possible reason for the defect, or offer anything beyond resetting or checking firmware version. Shame on them.
Options
Re:C5400 V2 (firmware?) bug: the 5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country
2020-05-26 02:19:26

Reddit, Toms hardware , amazon reviews show this region bug.. other related issues but this seems to be a small demographic considering how many ArcherX systems there are but does impact many archer routers, hmm seems a good slueth should figure which models have the issue and target the problem with any coincidale info, but I think unnecessary. tho C2300, C5400,C58HP

My model C2300 ran cool and worked fine for a day or 2, but when the radio dissapearred, the bottom center of the unit was hot, I lost 2.4 hours later. Got 2.4 back with multiple reboots, read this thread etc, (I work in IT as well).

Considering new units bought within a few days work great then tank means a manufacturing issue with a few units that no firmware can fix. 

So I believe there is a short that can pass testing phase but is happening after small amounts of household usage. The short could be circuit board, ROM, CPU, chipset, any minor flaw in design or who TP buys parts from.

Every system requires many manufacturers to build something, but only remedy is probably returning/RMA anything you get thats defective.

I was 11 and already coding in 1981, my dad bought a PC with a 4/8mhz cpu, that had Turbo mode, basically the manufacturer burned out a circuit on purpose to change the 8mhz to the 4 version for budget buyers. Not saying this is the issue but then i look at memory makers in the 90's and 2k,  they lost idk 20% of chips do to a spec of dust..

If I hadnt gone through the above and how this thread has self determined its firmware, my unit is 2020 bought new but dont know build date, or if hadnt felt a drastic change in temperature on the unit, i probaly would have assumed firmware but heck no.

Options
2020-08-14 13:41:55

I have the same problem but the router is Archer C2300 and is exactly the same problem like you. everething is setup corect but i cannot see the SSID and no wireless .

Options
2021-01-11 07:12:53

@c5400_bug 

I reached out to their support and all they can say is SORRY since my unit is out of warranty. This is not how you treat customers. After bricking our unit by giving a failed firmware, now we're suffering and need to buy a new one. 

Nice One TPLINK.

Options
2021-06-01 00:58:54

@c5400_bug 

Hello everyone, I'm the OP. I just found out today that tp-link released a new firmware. Anyone has experience with it? They didn't specifically mention about anything related ot this bug bug wondering if they secretly made any fixes.

Published Date: 2021-05-08

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c5400/#Firmware

Options
2021-06-01 10:39:02

@c5400_bug2 

Any updates on your firmware upgrade? 

Options
2021-06-02 03:16:17

Not yet. I need to find another router before I upgrade. Don't want to brick it as tplink doesnt seem to be trustworthy at this point.

@Yagbadoodles 

Options
2021-06-02 07:38:29

@c5400_bug2 

Tried to my AC5400 and no luck. SSID is still not appearing but Lan is working. Now ai cant go back to previous firmware versions. 

Options