Connect to Devices on Guest Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-28 08:19:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a bunch of Chromecasts. Visitors who connect to the guest network should be able to cast to those Chromecast devices. Hence I have to put the Chromecast devices on the guest network. The problem I have is that once they are on the guest network my wired devices that are on the 'private' (the non-guest network) won't see the Chromecast devices. How can the devices on the 'private' network see the devices on the public network without the devices on the public network seeing the devices on the 'private' network?
Options
12 Reply
Re:Connect to Devices on Guest Network
2017-08-28 14:02:36
What's the model number of router? There are some settings under guest network, such as "allow guest to access my local network", "all guest to see each other", something like that.
Options
2017-08-28 14:14:59
I believe I have a TP-Link 3150. I just got it a couple months ago. I understand there is an option to have 'private' devices accessible from the 'guest' network. My goal is to have 'private' network access public networks.
Options
2017-08-29 10:09:27
Can you explain public network?
Options
2017-08-29 10:39:35
With 'public' I meant the guest network. Basically, I want my wired device to be able to access devices on the guest network but not the other way around. Again, the idea is that I have my Chromecast Audio devices on the guest network so guests can also cast data to the device and I want to be able to cast music from wired devices (which are not on the guest network) to the Chromecast Audio devices.
Options
2017-08-30 13:41:11
If you didn't set up any isolation rule, wired device can access to guest network, and guest network can access wired device as well
Options
2017-09-11 10:06:30
Basically what you're after can't be done. Its an either or Either guest have full access or no access. To do what you want you would have to allow guest full access then specifically limit each device. Would be far too much work.
Option that works for this type of setup is separate set of speakers. or could put speakers on own router and allow the customers/guest complete access to that network and then you can vpn to the speaker router what you want to stream
Options
2017-09-11 18:29:48
Thank you!
Options
2017-09-14 17:17:53
I had the same problem and couldn't find any solution! Thanks!
Options
2018-06-13 17:22:53
Thank you for sharing this.
Options
2018-08-22 19:17:23
If you can provide model number then I can look though the glitch in the same model.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3192

Replies: 12

Related Articles