What should I do if my device keeps disconnecting from the internet when it’s connected to my TP-Link Range Extender?

Released On: 2018-11-27 06:00:32Last update time: 2018-11-27 06:00:32

The range extender may extend Wi-Fi signal but it does not maintain the connection. This FAQ will guide you to do some tests to exclude possibility caused by router other elements beside the range extender.

a device means: computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc.

Note: Refer to UG to get detailed info of the LED status.

Case 1

Step 1

Update the range extender to latest firmware.

Step 2

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

Case 2

Step 1

Disable then enable the wireless network connection of the device.

Step 2

To figure out the problem please place the RE near to the router to see whether the problem still exists.

Step 3

Check the IP address, default gateway and DNS of the device, when the range extender loses its connection.

Step 4

Contact TP-Link support with model number of your router and provide us with details on the problem. 

0 Unhelpful Bookmark
Comment

It seems to me that there are lots of people with this problem, a knowledgebase that just says contact support is useless. 

@Bry50100 The reason why it is recommended to contact support is if you reach that recommendation, there is probably a issue related to the extender that a customers troubleshooting would not resolve.

all sites are working fine but one of my site is not working on tplink. Anyone confirm and it works on your side or not.

http://webcric.site/

Thank you

upload
    upload