Deco common questions

Released On: 2019-05-10 22:03:21Last update time: 2019-05-10 22:03:21

QWhat’s a Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System?

A: The Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System is perfect for homes seeking maximum Wi-Fi coverage with speed and simplicity for every user. Deco replaces a collection of routers and range extenders with an intelligent Wi-Fi system made up of multiple units working together seamlessly. Deco maintains a single network throughout your home, so you only see one network name and need only one network password. It ensures the best connection to all your devices, even when moving from room to room, whether you’re gaming, streaming or browsing. Within minutes, the intuitive Deco app guides you through an easy setup process that gets each unit up and running and all your devices connected and online. Deco gives you the best possible home Wi-Fi experience.

Q: Can multiple accounts manage a Deco network at the same time?

A: Currently, one Deco network can be controlled by owner account and manager account, but the multiple accounts can’t manage a Deco network at the same time.

No matter you are using owner account or manager account, only one user can log into the Deco app at the same time. If you log in while another user is already logged in the Deco app, the new user will kick out the old one.

Q: Why am I unable to sign up into the Deco APP?

A: You will need to check for the following:

-You have internet access on your phone.

-You entered a valid email address and password.

-The email address you entered have been registered already.

Q: Which wireless devices can I use to set up and manage my Deco network?

A: Both iOS and Android devices are supported. They must support Bluetooth 4.0 or later version as well. Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later, Android 4.3 or later.

*Bluetooth requirement is only needed for devices that have Bluetooth onboarding such as the Deco M9/M5/P7.

Q: Can Deco replace my modem or router?

A: The Deco is designed to replace most home routers. If your old router needs a modem to access the internet, then Deco should be used together with the existing modem.

Q: Can I use Deco along with my current ISP?

A: Currently, Deco supports five internet connection types: PPPoE, Static IP, Dynamic IP, PPTP and L2TP. That means Deco can work with most ISP connections.

Q: How many Deco units do I need? Are they all the same?

A: The TP-Link Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System come in a variety number of units. You can purchase one unit or get a pack up to three with a max possible of ten units on your network. During setup, you will choose one Deco unit to serve as your primary device. It will connect to your modem to enable internet access for your home. From there, additional Deco units can be placed in any room, and each Deco unit will automatically detect and configure the others to create a seamless Wi-Fi system.

While you could use a single Deco unit as a stand-alone router, it works best when multiple units work together as part of a system. One Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System has a range of up to 4,500 sq. ft., and most homes will benefit best from the Deco three-pack configuration. For larger coverage, you can add up to seven Deco units to the initial three.

QWhy does TP-Link require my email address?      

A Your email address will only be used for the following:

-Verifying your account.

-Resetting your password

-Remote management of your Deco network

Q: What features does Deco support?

A: Currently, Deco supports UPnP, IPv6, VPN Passthrough, IGMP Proxy and Snooping and more. You can find more features in the Deco app.

Q: Can I enable both online activity and device QoS at the same time? Which one has a higher priority?

A: The Deco app allows you to enable both at the same time. However, please note that, if the settings conflict, activity QoS takes priority over individual devices.

Q: Can my printer join a Deco network?

A: The Deco Whole-Home Wi-Fi System allows you to add a network printer.

If your printer has an Ethernet port, connect it to any Deco’s LAN port.

If you want to connect printer wirelessly, make sure it supports WPA2 encryption. Use the printer’s management software to manually connect it to the Deco network. If you are unsure how to do so, please contact your printer’s manufacturer.

Q: Can I manage my Deco network remotely?

A: Sure! After successfully binding Deco units to a TP-Link ID, users can manage a Deco network even when they are out and about via the Deco app on their smartphone or tablet.

Comment

Hi - I have a Deco P9 home system that I just purchased this week. The Main Router is connnected to my Cable modem via Ethernet. The Router is connected to a TPLink 16 port switch wich feeds all the wired devices in my home. I have a two MacBook Pros (2016) which are less than 2 feet from the router and connected wirelessly. They are both connected dynamically but I have to constantly disable WiFi and Re-enable WiFi on streaming, and even Chrome/ Safari. Additionally, I cannot get to the web-based management page (tplinkwifi.net) on wireless or hard-wired computers. I have tried disabling IP-6 (link local only) on the MacBooks. I also experience issues with iPhones slowing down tremendously unless I disable WiFi and only use cellular (that happens a lot).

I never had these issues on my previous (NetGear) systems. Please assist!

My Deco unit gets very hot underneath.  Is this normal?

How do I move devices from the guest network to my home network?

what is Firmware Recovery Tool used for? On opening the link I do understand what 'Brink' means and if it applies to my situation. I have 2 Deco M5s stuck on yellow (Start up), will this help resolve it? Are there other means to fix this problem?

Is there anyway to keep my email address from being the wifi network name?

How can I recover my download video 

My client list hasn't been showing for sometime. All day everyday for months now. How is this a thing? Please assist

upload
    upload