How to Connect to Your WiFi Without Needing the WiFi Name or Password.

Used Products:

In today world, security is a paramount concern, especially when it comes to your wireless network. We will often create a WiFi network with a long and complicated password.

Remembering this password can be a chore.  You may have forgot it and can’t add your brand-new device.  You may have to pull out a computer to connect directly to the router to find out what the password is. Or, even reset the router and be forced to setup every device again. This can especially frustrating when friends and family visit and try to connect to the network. 

To address this TP-Link is proud to announce our auto connecting technology—WIFI QR code.

A faster way to connect to WiFi

Simply go to “Advanced---Wireless---Wireless Settings”, click “Sharing Network” and a QR code will generate.

Open the camera app on your devices and scan this QR code. Your devices will automatically connect to the you TP-Link router’s WiFi.

Note: your camera or app will need to support QR code scanning.

Easily share your WiFi

You can click “Save Picture” and print the QR code. Then you can put it in your home or business for your guest to easily and conveniently connect to your WiFi.

WIFI QR code is currently supported on the Archer A7 version 5 using the latest firmware.

If you already have an Archer A7v5, upgrade it now: https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-A7.html#Firmware

Learn more about Archer A7v5: https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/Archer-A7.html

This feature will be added to other TP-Link SOHO routers in the future.

Comment

After connecting via iOS, if I disconnect and reconnect later iOS FORGETS the password, I have to manually input the password to connect.

Is this a known issue with iOS when using the QR code to connect to WiFi?

Does the QR code change if the password changes?

Can you hide the information of the QR code (ie: password)?

@Bradone 

The QR code is based on the router's current network settings.  If those settings change, once saved the QR will be updated as a result.  No there is no way to hide the infromation.  While a user doesn't automatically see what the password it is still possible that a user can find it once connected.  We would recommend sharing only the Guest network as that can be isolated from the main network 

Is there a similar function for the Deco X60 mesh router?

Hello @dbarreneche 

Yes in the Deco app you should see a option for Share WiFi.  It may look slightly different but its the same concept. 

I have TL-WR820N router and some one has using my wifi without password tap to share connect my wifi qr Please solve this problem how to disable my qr code 

@Atta1007 

the TL-WR820N is not a product sold in the US so we would not be able to provide assitance for the product as its not in the relam of our regional support.  You can how ever create a thread on our global community by clicking here and then clicking on create thread.  Or, you can email global support at support@tp-link.com 

If your TP-LINK router interface doesn't offer QR Code creation in “Advanced---Wireless---Wireless Settings”, click “Sharing Network

Download TP-LINK Tether app for iOS or Android, etc 

Once you've installed :

1) Select "My Devices"

2) Select your TP-Link device in the list

3) Tap "Tools" in the right bottom corner

4) Select "Share Wi-Fi"

5) Tap QR Code Icon on the right of the device name

Done :)

This has created more security trouble ...and my a7 archer router refuses to un-select the sharing?

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions