EasyMesh and TP-Link

Used Products:
× 1
General Product

bd9f0922364243bb962b66f1d8d3a16e

Over the last few years, TP-Link has embraced the EasyMesh Standard, which allows you to easily and flexibly create a mesh network using devices from various vendors. EasyMesh-compatibility has also now expanded to allow nearly any OneMesh-compatible device to work as the satellite node of your network.

f74fc0f8d6a745f7878f772843c128d2

What is EasyMesh?765e7ab456ee4540b266a7fe9e74f634

EasyMesh is a standardized certification launched by the Wi-Fi Alliance, the same group certifying wireless routers and extenders, which serves to bring a standardized method of configuring and connecting to and managing multi-AP (Access Point) networks.

Why Choose EasyMesh?

As an industry standard, EasyMesh also allows devices from various vendors to be configured together, while also allowing these devices to now work together to increase network capacity and effective throughput. Not to mention, these networks are incredibly easy to set up and maintain.

• Seamless Wi-Fi Connections with One Network Name
  • Standardized Cross-Vendor Support
  • Whole Home Coverage
  • Seamless Roaming
  • One-Click Configuration

You can find a full list* of EasyMesh-compatible devices on our site here:  

EasyMesh TP-Link USA Product List 

What is an EasyMesh Backhaul?

In a mesh Wi-Fi network, multiple mesh nodes are placed throughout a home or office to provide a strong and reliable Wi-Fi signal in every corner. These mesh nodes communicate with each other using their backhaul method, whether wired or wireless, to create a single, unified Wi-Fi network.

A backhaul is the method in which your EasyMesh-compatible routers and extenders will communicate with each other. All EasyMesh-compatible routers and extenders are capable of creating a wireless backhaul between network nodes. However, some devices are also capable of creating an ethernet-wired backhaul to further improve the capability of your network.

Create an EasyMesh Wireless Backhaul Between Routers or Range Extenders

Yes, you read that correctly; EasyMesh networks allow you to use a Range Extender or even a second router as the satellite node for your EasyMesh Network*. This feature is separate from general EasyMesh compatibility and has been recently introduced to additional models; this feature is also required on both the main and satellite nodes.

It is recommended to connect no more than 3 mesh nodes (2 satellite devices) in a single wireless chain to improve network performance. A Firmware update may be required for some models to support Router-Router Networking.

6d2fd8d3a8104dc89c9d9e0f947f598f

Create an EasyMesh Wired Backhaul Between Routers or Range Extenders

Ethernet, or wired backhaul, refers to the use of Ethernet cables to connect multiple mesh nodes in a Wi-Fi network. By using an Ethernet backhaul, the mesh nodes can communicate with each other at faster speeds and with lower latency, as compared to a wireless connection. This ensures a more robust and reliable connection between the nodes, which results in improved performance and stability for your devices.

FAQ: How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

3a65a20aa01843789bf2f89bf75c0ec0

What is the difference between EasyMesh, OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh?

From the below chart you could have a general comparison between EasyMesh vs OneMesh™ vs Deco Mesh. 

EasyMesh 

OneMesh™ 

Deco Mesh 

Seamless Wi-Fi Roaming

96048bd079f14fb28079d415f85cc486

Works with Another Brand’s Device

AP Seamless Steering 

Band steering

(Smart Connect) 

Router - Router Wireless Backhaul 

Ethernet-Wired Backhaul 

Available on Select Models

(Check Compatibility

AP mode 

- (Planned***)

Mesh Protocol Supported 

802.11k/v 

802.11k/v 

802.11k/v/r 

Management Methods 

Web UI & Tether APP 

Web UI & Tether APP 

Deco APP

Technology 

Wi-Fi EasyMesh Standardized Protocol 

TP-Link OneMesh™ Technology 

TP-Link Deco Mesh Technology 

Product List 

TP-Link EasyMesh Product List

TP-Link OneMesh Product List

TP-Link Deco Mesh Product List   

Compatible Devices

Wi-Fi Routers

Range Extenders

EasyMesh Certified Products

Wi-Fi Routers

Powerline Adapters

Range Extenders

DSL Modem Routers

4G Wi-Fi Routers

Any Deco Mesh Node

1. TP-Link EasyMesh, OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh products use different mesh technologies, and not compatible with each other when building a mesh network.

2. Working with a different vendor* - Certified EasyMesh devices can work with each other, while we highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility. 

EasyMesh – Frequently Asked Questions

See Our General EasyMesh FAQ: General Questions about EasyMesh

What TP-Link Routers and Extenders Will Support EasyMesh? 

You can find a complete list* of our compatible EasyMesh Devices Here: EasyMesh Compatible Devices
Please be aware that specific models will require firmware updates to support EasyMesh, and you should pay attention to the subsequent firmware releases on the TP-Link official website for added optimizations, features, and improvements to EasyMesh.

Will EasyMesh-Compatible Devices Work Together with Onemesh, Deco Mesh, or Omada Mesh Devices?

No. Wi-Fi EasyMesh, TP-Link OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh use different technologies and are not able to work together to create a coherent mesh network. It is recommended to use only one technology to simplify your network and prevent problems from arising. (Archer = EasyMesh/OneMesh)(Deco = Deco Mesh)(Omada = OmadaMesh)

EasyMesh compatibility is widely spreading, and many of your previously OneMesh compatible devices have been updated to EasyMesh.

Can I use TP-Link EasyMesh devices with EasyMesh products from different manufacturers or companies? Are they compatible? 

Theoretically, TP-Link EasyMesh will work with any EasyMesh-certified products due to the standardized EasyMesh technology. However, EasyMesh networking methods can vary based on the manufacturers. We highly recommend using TP-Link EasyMesh products together to ensure the best performance and full compatibility. 

Please See the EasyMesh Splash Page for an Overall Compatibility List: https://www.tp-link.com/us/easymesh/product-list

Looking to Get Started with EasyMesh?

How to Build and Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

How to Add a Router to an EasyMesh Network as a Satellite Device

How to Add an Extender to An EasyMesh Network as a Satellite Device

(Last Updated: 8/20/2024)

*As a reminder, our compatibility pages are always subject to change, and models marked as planned are not guaranteed to receive the feature and should not be used to determine future feature availability. Compatibility is still being added to additional models, but our team does not have any insights into what models or when a model will receive a firmware update or feature - so please keep an eye on your device's download page and check for available updates often

Comment

@klipse24 

What version of AX11000 do you have? As far as I am aware, the AX11000 currently has OneMesh functionality - unless you are mentioning specifically wired backhauls.

EasyMesh is seeing a rapid expansion across products right now, with most REs now supporting the feature. For routers, it is a slower rollout as the ethernet backahuls and Easymesh features are being developed separately. It is worth mentioning that the EasyMesh updates are more widely expected than Onemesh at this point due to the fact that EasyMesh can work with multiple brands and it has support for Ethernet Backhaul, which was never rolled out to OneMesh devices

Just a comment, Easymesh is a standard and not proprietary, Asus AI Mesh is proprietary as is Onemesh.

[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000 - Home Network Community (tp-link.com) or google it.  THe onemesh update should be available for your router.  If you login to your router go to advanced then system you should see firmware update.  Click and see which version of firmware you're running.

Companies usually make more profit from proprietary solutions and they tend to lock you in.

TP-link actually have a good reputation for supporting open standards such as OpenWrt which is why I switched from ASUS.

Have fun

Cheerio John

I have two Archer AX21 Wi-Fi 6 routers that I would like to use together with EasyMesh. I've had them both for over a year, and I thought they were the same as they were purchased from the same Amazon listing. However, the older one has hardware version 3.6, while the newer one has hardware version 2.6. The hardware version 3.6 device has the EasyMesh firmware update, but the hardware version 2.6 device does not appear to be on the list to get an updated firmware with EasyMesh support.

Is there any reason only hardware version 3.x Archer AX21 routers will support EasyMesh, but not hardware version 2.x Archer AX21 routers?

Does the new Archer BE9300 series router support Easymesh ethernet backhaul when partnered with one of the router from the list provided?  I have a Archer BE550 router,  can I partner this with one of the following :

Ethernet Wired Backhauls are available to the following models:

AX10v1/2/3, AX1500v1/2/3, AX4400v2,
C80 v1.0/2.2/2.26, C6v4,
A6 v4.0/4.6, and A8 v1.0/1.8/2.0/2.2/2.26/2.28

The BE550 does support easymesh,  but does it support easymesh ethernet backhaul?  I would like to think a brand new model just released would have this support already,  however I do not want to buy one of the models listed and find out it will not work.

Thank you.

Why is the AX11000 no longer receiving the easymesh firmware update? It was on the planned upgrade list a few weeks ago. Surprisingly, the gx90 is on the list and is very similar to the AX11000.

Will this let the powerline products work together over powerline? I have p9 and px50s, and only using the 50s since the two models refused to link to each other over powerline. 

What's the deal with ethernet backhaul for the range extenders that exist now or are going to be released? I bought an RE715X to boost the range of my BE550 and found out the hard way that it doesn't support wired. Can't find any information about expected firmware upgrades for it or any other models. Your compatibility page only shows the RE315 supporting wired backhaul, which is weird. Also, the only WIFI 7 RE out now that I can find is the RE655BE which your site shows as "COMING SOON" yet it's available at Best Buy, which is bizarre. /shrug 

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions