WiFi router network system install..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-22 21:54:18 - last edited 2019-02-25 00:53:47
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Newbie here so please pardon the unprofessional questions.

Trying to install a wifi system/network in a 5 story building (church with educational wing). I have purchased 5 (five) Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band Gigbit Routers. I have 100 Mbs cable internet coming into the building. The building has all wire reinforced plaster construction on all floors thus creating a Faraday cage in all rooms and on all floors. I would like to enter the building at the first floor unit by connecting the signal from the cable company modem to the internet connection on the first router. Then to go to the next router for the second floor, should I cable using CAT6 wire from one of the #1 router outputs to the #2 router internet connection and then "daisy chain likewise to each of the following three units (#2.5 main sanstuary, #3 third floor and #4 fourth floor) or should the system be wired differently?

I presently have it wired as above, each unit input coming from the previous unit's LAN output but the system drops out frequently and I have to reboot everything.. 

Desire to set up Guest Networks on each floor.

Would it be better to run from the cable modem into a router and then a separate LAN ethernet cable to each router?

Ideas and suggestions?

Many thanks!

RichMT

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi router network system install..
2019-02-25 18:10:30

@RichMT What would probably be a better setup is to configure all C9 units except the one wired to the modem as a access point. When you log into the router go to Advanced > Operation Mode (left side). You will be able to select Access Point Mode there.

It would be best to have them all wired to a switch, and then a Ethernet cable from a switch to the C9 acting like the router.

However, if you are not able to do that you can set up each router with the current wiring setup. 

What would probably be easiest is to go to the first C9 that is to be a access point, write down its MAC address on the bottom sticker label. Next thing is to disconnect the WAN port and LAN port, now connect to the router Either via Wi-Fi or using a Ethernet cable on your computer. Finalize any wireless settings you wanted as for as wireless name and password in the menu Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings. Now configure the Access Point mode. Once you select save and while the router is rebooting connect the WAN and LAN back, you can move on to the next router. 

If for some reason you have a issue with the congurations you can reset the router by holding the WPS/Reset button for 15 seconds. The router will do a complete factory reset and go back to router mode, and the Wi-Fi that will be broadcasted will be what is printed on the label of that device.

Once all the routers are now in access point mode, you can then log into the main router, and look at the connected clients. Based off of the MAC address youw ill know which router has what IP so you can log into it and modify any wireless settings in the future if you would like.

Options
Re:WiFi router network system install..
2019-08-29 11:02:12

Yeah, great. Thanks for the useful advice of using WIFI router. You know, before these times, America was considered the country of dreams and dreams of any student as it opened up many opportunities. But the training has become very strict as well as the attitude towards migrants in our country. Fortunately, I can turn to https://dissertationhelp.org.uk/dissertation-discussion/ for help because a large number of additional tasks for writing my own research leaves no choice and no time. Want an education? You will not have to sweetly, not only because of the money spent but also because of conservative laws

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1272

Replies: 2

Related Articles