Monitor Network Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 03:30:44
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have Comcast/Xfinity as my service provider and have suddenly run into a situation where my data usage has jumped 50% for no apparent reason. The last two months we've hit the 1TB data cap and have now used up our "grace months". I need to be able to monitor the data usage for all devides on my network but don't see a way to do this on the Archer C9 AC1900. Does anyone know of an application that can do this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Monitor Network Usage by Device
2020-01-13 20:31:39
There are utilities you can install and get some results and Apple computers has one in their network tools. Since you are using that much data, you can disconnect all of your devices, change the SSID and password, connect a few devices each day, and check the usage each day which you can check by signing on to the Comcast web site. Things that may be causing an issue are things like back-ups to the cloud (Amazon Drive or Google Drive), a DDNS tool, a weather station that saves data to the web, cameras that are viewed remotely, a TV that uses the web like Samsung, a streaming device such as the netfix, or amazon stick, a gaming system, camera system that save data remotely,.. I had a Windows 10 laptop that every time I started it up it would try to load an update for 30+ minutes then fail, allowed me to work but if I shut it down, it would try to reload the update again and fail. So pay special attention to any device that is not performing correctly.
Options
2020-01-14 23:24:20

@Jimmystartup 

You are not able to monitor device usage. What you can do is to organize your QoS so low priority devices will not be able to use up to X amount of bandwidth.

Options
2020-01-15 13:37:23
One other thing to consider is you may have a device that has been hacked.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1217

Replies: 3

Related Articles