No Wi-fi. Error Code 1, then Error Code 9805. Reflashed twice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 03:07:47 - last edited 2020-02-14 23:03:49
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C3150(US)_V1_160707

I noticed my phone wasn't on wi-fi, though my wired connection through the router to the internet is working. On scanning for wi-fi, I noticed my router wasn't showing up, neither the standard or 5G

I rebooted it, and when it came back up the wi-fi issue persisted. I went through the settings on the admin access and noticed both wi-fi bnands were set to enabled. I then tried to "hide SSID" just to see if changing a setting would unstick it. When trying to save the change, I received "Error Code 1: Internal Error". The wired connection to the internet was functional.

I then initiated a factory default reset by holding down the reset button for 15 seconds. After completing and coming back online, I attempted to complete the quick setup. When trying to save the wi-fi configurations, I received "Error Code 9805: Corresponding case not found". Wi-fi changes are not saved, but even default settings do not show up as available when scanning for wi-fi connections on my phone. The wired connection to the internet was functional.

I then performed a firmware flash of Archer C3150(US)_V1_160707. After completing and coming back online, I attempted to complete the quick setup. When trying to save the wi-fi configurations, I received "Error Code 9805: Corresponding case not found". Wi-fi changes are not saved, but even default settings do not show up as available when scanning for wi-fi connections on my phone. The wired connection to the internet was functional. 

I then attempted another firmware flash of C3150(US)_V1_160329. After completing and coming back online, I attempted to complete the quick setup. When trying to save the wi-fi configurations, I received "Error Code 9805: Corresponding case not found". Wi-fi changes are not saved, but even default settings do not show up as available when scanning for wi-fi connections on my phone. The wired connection to the internet is functional.

Now what?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No Wi-fi. Error Code 1, then Error Code 9805. Reflashed twice-Solution
2020-02-14 18:15:22 - last edited 2020-02-14 23:03:49

@taylord_79 

Quite honestly you have done everything we would ask you to do.  It sounds like the wifi module on the router is defective.  If your router is less than 2 years old we can help get it replaced through the limited manufacture's warranty.  If its older than 2 years there isn't much we can do but we look into the possiblity of a discount toward the purchase of a new router through our eBay official store. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:No Wi-fi. Error Code 1, then Error Code 9805. Reflashed twice-Solution
2020-02-14 18:15:22 - last edited 2020-02-14 23:03:49

@taylord_79 

Quite honestly you have done everything we would ask you to do.  It sounds like the wifi module on the router is defective.  If your router is less than 2 years old we can help get it replaced through the limited manufacture's warranty.  If its older than 2 years there isn't much we can do but we look into the possiblity of a discount toward the purchase of a new router through our eBay official store. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No Wi-fi. Error Code 1, then Error Code 9805. Reflashed twice
2020-02-14 20:02:48

@Carl 

Thanks, Carl. It's actually only a few months old. I bought it from newegg. What route should I take to get it replaced?

Options
2020-02-14 21:13:20

@taylord_79 

Contact us at Support.USA@Tp-link.com and provide a link to this thread. Form there the support team will access your eligablity and provide steps on how to process a replacement.  I will let you know that the C3150 is end of life and out of stock so you will likely be getting the next available model.  Let me know if there is any issues in the process. 

Options
2020-02-14 21:20:59
I attempted to send an email to that address and received the following message USA@Tp-link.com (USA@Tp-link.com) Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Is that the correct address?
Options
2020-02-14 22:50:25

@taylord_79 

Looks like you missed the first part of the email address, to me the address should be Support.USA@Tp-link.com. You didn't include the support. part of it.

Options
2020-02-14 23:03:25
ha! that was definitely a slip-up on my part. thanks for catching it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3057

Replies: 6

Related Articles