Issue with M9 and Google Home multi room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-13 23:32:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys I have issues with my M9 and multi room music from my google home.

I have a bunch of google home speakers all around my house and two M9 deco plus. Half of my speakers are connected to my main Deco and the other half is connected to the second one. When I am playing music on all speakers connected to the same deco... No problem at all, but when I start to play music on speakers connected to two different Deco here come the trouble... The sync is badly done, the music is struggling... I have to unplug the second Deco to make them work....

1- Is this a know issue? And how can I solve it?

2 - Is there a way to choose which device is connected to one particular Deco?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with M9 and Google Home multi room
2020-03-16 16:31:31 - last edited 2020-03-16 16:53:13

@SuperDuckWC 

Haven't seen this with the speakers and Decos. I've seen security cameras struggle with mesh networks. 

I found a third party article that talk about setting a group delay to help with the out of sync audio, I recommend looking into that. If you google "Google Assist Speaker Lag", you should find some articles.

Options
2022-01-08 14:46:18

@SuperDuckWC I have this issue too. It's broken casting to my "home group" which is all speakers - voice control just fails to do anything and the Google Home app can't see speakers connected to a different access point. They must be blocking it somehow.

Options
2022-01-08 14:49:35 - last edited 2022-01-08 14:54:34

@Rrrrrrrrrrrrrob 

Edit : sorry not the 5ghz but the beamforming option, you can find it in the advanced option...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1104

Replies: 3

Related Articles