One of my networks is not being discovered on list of available networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 01:01:22
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

This new router installed and performed without issues at first. The other night my ISP had a big outage. In the course of restoring service we restarted the equipment and managed to get all the devices back up and running. I found that my office destop (connecting through a USB wireless adapter, a Carentee AC1200) would not display one  of the networks on the list of available networks anymore. That network did however show up on the other devices in the house. Originally I had established 2 networks, one was for 2.4G with a unique SSID/PW and the other was for 5G also with its own SSID/PW. I find the 2,4 on my desktop and it connects fine. The 5G however doesn't. I have checked all the settings both within Window 10 and in the operator's console online at TPLink. All appears to be in order. I am considering doing a network reset in windows and uninstalling and disconnecting the router and reinstalling as if fir the first time. Does this sound like a resonable approach? I am baffled. ANY insights?? I'm sure this is just something I am overlooking. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:One of my networks is not being discovered on list of available networks
2020-04-05 10:42:22
It does appear to be the PC with the issue. The 2.4 will connect better for distance and 5GHz is faster. I would try moving to about 5 feet away from the router, power down the pc, remove the USB wireless adapter, power up, sign on, sign off, power down, attach the wireless adapter, power up, sign on, and see if it connects. If the wireless adapter and the PC are from different countries, it may be that the router is using a channel that the wireless adapter does not use. You could try a different channel for the 5GHz. May want to try different band width also. Check to see if IPv6 is working also. If that fails then try the network reset. Let us know what works.
Options