need advice on pre-sales

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

need advice on pre-sales

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:need advice on pre-sales
2020-04-09 11:15:16
From what you described about your network, an AC or AX router would be a step up. I do not think you would see a dramatic increase since your speed tier is 150. It depends on how much you want to future proof your network and what specific special needs you may have. I think my next router will be a mesh system to help cover dead spots so I would not need an extender and to allow more devices as home automation devices increases. A few years back when I increased my network, my biggest speed gain was changing my modem as it allowed a lot more up/down channels between the modem and the ISP. The max speed did not change much, it was the average speed was more consistently higher during high peak times. I get speeds higher than my speed tier of 200. I just tested and got 235 down / 11.6 up over IPv6 and 236.9 up / 11.7 down on IPv4 on a wired connection. Consider the functions and capabilities of the modem and router more than what processor is used. I would only worry about the processor/chipset if there was some issues with a specific one.
Options
Re:need advice on pre-sales
2020-04-09 22:09:55

@eliwwjd 

There is not much information available yet for the Archer AX60 other then it is a triband router. Unless you have a number of devices such as a house with a bunch of smart devices or dealing with 40+ devices, you should be fine with a dula band.

Options
Related Articles