AX50 Router separate vlans

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 21:40:40 - last edited 2020-05-21 21:41:56
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200121 rel.54912(5553)

I am new to this stuff, I have some experiance but not a lot. I have the following setup on my HOME network.

Main router: Archer AX50

3x  AP1750 access points.

What I want to ask is, I want 2 of those access points to be on a separate VLAN (I think thats what it is) or part of the network than the router and first ap. Meaning, I have basement dwellers and I want the 2 aps down there to not be able to see my chromstcasts and smart lights in the upstairs. But all AP's of course go back to one main router...the AX50

Can this router do this? Can the AP do this?

I remember having an old router that just had an option in it to check a box that said check this if you want this ap to be on a separate network...

I know that the router is home grade and the AP's are commercial grade.

I hope that make sense.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 Router separate vlans
2020-05-22 16:00:19

@Maxpowers 

With respect to VLANs the router would not be able to do that. However, you can utilize the guest network. I am assuming the AP units need to be wired in order to get the internet so they must be on the main network. 

You can then in turn connect the devices you do not want them to see by connecting them to the guest network. Just enable the option for guest devices to see each other.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3756

Replies: 1

Related Articles