Slow sites loading over Deco 1.10.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 12:52:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

I am using the M9 Plus Mesh (configured as Router) right behind my internet router. At my house there are several devices attached to the 3 meshed M9, at the moment 12 devices.

Now I have the feeling that whenever I open a site by a link (through google news or others) the site is opened in e.g. chrome but is not loading for round a minute - it seems that something is done meanwhile. I also tried without antivirus on deco but did not get any improvement on the loading times.

Then I turn off WLan on my smartphone the page is just loaded.

Is there any setting I can do on my deco or any log I can look at?

Best Regards

Pascal

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow sites loading over Deco 1.10.5
2020-06-05 21:52:15

@Pascal001 

When you load a site initially it needs to download the data, and when you visit it again it loads the cached webpage so it will load fast a second time.

If the other 12 devices are downloading that will take speed away from you so that it can cause a slow connection.

If you want to isolate the Deco to test what you think may be happening. Change the network name to something completely different. Connect only your phone and nothing else. Now spend the next 15 mins testing other sites to see if they load fine. If they do, then it just your other devices sucking all the bandwidth.

Options