C4000 and Foxtel IQ4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C4000 and Foxtel IQ4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C4000 and Foxtel IQ4
C4000 and Foxtel IQ4
2020-08-16 03:59:41
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

We supply and install NBN services across Australia and I’ve been using the C4000 and AX6000 range for some time now.

For some time, I’ve been seeing issues with the C4000 and the ability for some WIFI devices to stay connected

Most recently I’ve been working with a client after installing their NBN FTTC service.

We are finding the Foxtel IQ4 box is constantly losing connections to the C4000. They simply will not hold after period of time. When connected the streaming works perfectly. Ther user has to reconnect manually again

While I see the Foxtel IQ4 has its own issues with WIFI I’d like to bring to your attention these issues and seek your support in trying to determine once and for all if the C4000 is the cause of the problems or not

I need to prove to Foxtel that their IQ4 may well be the problem.

We are not seeing any other issues with any other devices that connect via WIFI so yes the finger does point to the Foxtel IQ4 boxes

If any other users are seeing these issues please let me know

Options
2 Reply
Re:C4000 and Foxtel IQ4
2020-08-16 20:49:37
Since you are in Australia, you may get a better answer from https://community.tp-link.com/en/login (note the en vs us in the link) as it is more international as this is more US based users. Something to try is different channels and bandwidth for the WIFI as we have seen it help some devices work better.
Options
Re:C4000 and Foxtel IQ4
2020-08-18 15:11:08

@MicroThin 

If I see a problem specific to a device it may be due to the DHCP lease time? Try to see if the wireless device has the ability to assign a static IP address, and DNS servers. Also, if both 2.4G and 5G are named the same that could confuse a device.

Enable the guest network, and only connect that wireless device, might be something on the main network it doesn't like.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 2

Related Articles