M5 drops wifi randomly throughout day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 20:31:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi I have an M5  that seems to randomly drop the wifi throughout the day. I have it connected to a Netgear N600 model c3700 which is a modem/router. I currently have the router on the N600 turned off so that the deco is the only option. For some reason at odd points throughout the day the deco will lose its wifi signal. I have power cycled the modem and unplugged the deco to reset them, which occasionally fixes the problem. Other times though it will drop the wifi and then randomly it will be back. Could this be due to it being connected to a router/modem combo? Or is the modem just old and maybe I need s new one? It is like 5 years old now. 

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 drops wifi randomly throughout day
2020-08-28 17:57:20

@Rlevi 

With respect to the modem, I would look at its system logs to see if there may be any critical 3 errors. Those pertaining to the internet signal being bad, not that the modem itself is bad. 

As far as the Deco, what you can try for now is to swap one of the satellite units with the main unit, and also swap the Ethernet cable from the Deco to the modem. Another thing to look at is the Deco LED lights, see if just the satellite units turn red or everything including the main or everything stays the same.

Options
Re:M5 drops wifi randomly throughout day
2020-08-28 18:19:45

@Tony hi Tony, you were correct it was the modem. Thank you for all your help and I'm sorry if it was a redundant question. Thank you again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 2

Related Articles