AX21 - No stable connection on 5ghz, 2.4 works great.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 00:37:02 - last edited 2020-11-03 00:50:14
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200518 rel.79597(5553)

Just setting up new router today. Devices throughout the house can connect on 2.4ghz just fine with good speed and signal status, roughly 70Mbs down for reference.

The 5Ghz LAN just seems to fail. I did not have a problem with connecting to the previous router's 5g network from this location using the same adapter. The connection appears and disappears from the connection list, and when I can connect latency and speed are atrocious (<1Mb/Sec). If I force off and on the 5Ghz network, I am able to connect for a few seconds with very high speeds (270Mb/Sec) for a few minutes before it shuts down again.

Scanner app is saying that there's basically no other network operating on the 5Ghz bands.

Thinking its faulty hardware but maybe I've messed up a setting.

Further experimentation. Using my phone sitting next to the router, it will not connect. Getting the "no internet" message.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX21 - No stable connection on 5ghz, 2.4 works great.
2020-11-03 22:37:25

@Bluflash 

Have you tried changing the wireless mode to AC, excluding AX?

Aside from the adapter mentioned do you see the same thing on every other wireless device on the 5G?

Options
Re:AX21 - No stable connection on 5ghz, 2.4 works great.
2020-11-04 12:49:27
I would try multiple devices, power cycle everything (all off and power them up one at a time modem/router/PC). power cycle or reboot after each router change, try different specific channels and widths, use a different SSID than the previous router, and if all that fails I would think there may be something wrong with the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 977

Replies: 2

Related Articles