Unable to access USB drive connected to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 02:57:32
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553)

I just got this router and just about everything works, but I am not able to see or access the connected USB HD.  The router shows it sees it and identifies it, but it doesn't show in the network.  I have set the router to share all files on the device.  Am I missing something that will allow it to show? The settings in the router show it is set as drive G: but I already have a drive G:

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to access USB drive connected to router
2020-11-04 12:40:55
How are you trying to connect tothe USB drive? To use the USB hard drive attached to router Windows 10 Press the Windows Key and R Enter \\192.168.0.1 Apple OS Open a Browser (Chrome, Safari, …) Enter SMB://192.168.0.1 Select to open in finder
Options
2020-11-04 20:09:26

@lcoolut 

What OS are you running?

Windows 10? Problem, SMB 1.0 was 'depricated' although you can enable it and you'll need that to see the router and drive.

If on Windows 10, open a CMD prompt and run 'NET VIEW'. What are the results?

Options
2020-11-05 15:24:26

@IrvSp  I turned on SMB 1.0 and now the drive shows.  I still couldn't access the files on the drive until I logged into the router, went to USB sharing, clicked on the icon to the right of the clock icon, then clicked on the share option.  Now the files are showing up and I can map the drive.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3302

Replies: 3

Related Articles