Blocking outgoing Spam from my PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 16:07:09
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3

I appear to have been infected by a Bot (?) that sends out Spam from my PC bypassing my email client (Outlook 2016). As a result Spamhause has blocked my IP address and despite trying to locate and eliminate the Bot - or whatever it is, nothing has worked and my IP address gets blocked again and again. I have run 4 virus detection programmes - Malwarebytes, AVG Pro, McAfee Stinger and Norton NPE a number of times, but none of them have managed to locate the infection. I have NAT enabled on my router, but nothing I have found so far stops this infuriating problem. One suggestion from Spamhause is to block access to Port 25, but I can find no way of doing this on my router or PC. Can anyone suggest how this can be accomplished or suggest any other solution before I go completely mad.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocking outgoing Spam from my PC
2020-11-05 18:25:21
I would disconnect the PC from the internet, then check to see if the issue still exists as it may be something else that has your email but I doubt it such as a tablet, back up all of your files, wipe the hard drive or replace it (might be a good time to install a SSD drive), re-install Windows, then selectively add the files back and be sure you add applications back from the correct source. Consider using a different email client. You are going to have to do that sooner or later.
Options