Unable to connect to Work Remote Desktop Service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 16:42:33
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I remote into work by connecting to a remote desktop service. I'm connecting to a server that stores a VDI Client. I recently replaced my Asus router with a TP-Link and am now unable to connect to the site that allows me to download the shortcut to the RDP and I am unable to connect to the RDP itself. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to Work Remote Desktop Service
2020-11-09 18:56:38
You may need to set up port forwarding on your router. It has been many years since I used Remote Desktop and even more since I set it up so I do not recall all of the details. If you still have the old router, look at those settings as you may need them. Other posters may have more current knowledge and you can google ‘remote desktop router setup’.
Options
Re:Unable to connect to Work Remote Desktop Service
2020-11-09 23:49:53

@kittysunite 

If the virtual computer you are trying to get to rested behind the AX3000, then port forwarding would be the next thing to try, but since your remote computer is the one behind the AX3000 the router shouldn't filter the packets as the connection is coming from the inside. 

To see if it may be related to the TP-Link router, set the IP of your computer as a DMZ to test. If the connection is still blocked, you may need to look at the remote end to see if something may have changed.

If you swap back to the Asus router or bypass the router and connect directly to the modem, does the connection work?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1459

Replies: 2

Related Articles