Connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection problems
Connection problems
2020-11-16 01:20:18
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do I force my Iphone to be on the 2.4 band so I can use and communicate with devices that do not use 5 g.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection problems
2020-11-16 12:13:09
Use different SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks and delete/forget the 5 Ghz network on the phone. You could also just turn off the 5 Ghz network on the router.
Options
Re:Connection problems
2020-11-16 22:24:51

dshocket wrote

How do I force my Iphone to be on the 2.4 band so I can use and communicate with devices that do not use 5 g.

@dshocket 

Not sure you are asking the question you really want to ask?

I ask that as any device on either SSID (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz bands) can 'communicate' with any device on either band UNLESS one is on a GUEST band that is set to be isolated from the 'normal' non-Guest LAN.

I don't even 'know' what you mean by 'communicate' in this way either? Talk to other devices since it is a phone? Play some file from another device? Please explain.

Forcing a device to a specific SSID is generally easy, but that does vary by device and OS it is running. Generally it is the last SSID it connects to AND if the device has an option to 'always connect'. Most if not all will also have a 'forget' option as well. However, if all devices are on the same LAN then can see and connect to each other, the SSID they are on doesn't matter.

Maybe I don't understand what you have now, and what specificially you tried that didn't work? Post what that is would be a great help here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 2

Related Articles