AX50 disconnects WAN daily (1 to 2 times)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-22 12:08:24
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553)

I am experiencing bad things from my newly purchased Archer AX50, it disconnects from the internet daily.

My daily (orang led light of death OLLD) fix are as follows:

1. Plug out and plug in the ethernet cable to the WAN port. (nobody wants to do this daily)

2. Or, just renew and release dhcp (nobody wants to do this daily either).

ISP: PLDT Home Fibr

Operating Mode: Router

Auto Negotiation Speed: Auto

2.4ghz & 5ghz rts : 500

2.4ghz & 5ghz Beacon interval: 100

I tried connecting my device/s to the pldt modem directly and it does have internet, so it is not an ISP issue.

Changing my cable to cat6e crossover type does not fix the issue. Using straight cable has the same issue. Everytime it loses internet, I see these in system logs.

Please help me with this issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 disconnects WAN daily (1 to 2 times)
2020-11-24 22:44:03

@Eltan 

In those instances, you want to see if the issue is coming from the modem, Ethernet cable, or the WAN port. I would first swap the Ethernet cable, even if the one being used is what came with the router. If you had a previous router before the AX50 you can connect that back to see if that drops as well. 

If the drops continue, I would reach out to support as the WAN port may be bad on the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1

Related Articles