Unable to access router configuration Archer AX10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 07:36:37 - last edited 2020-11-26 07:44:54
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Not sure, an update was done about 2 weeks ago

Internet access via lan cables and WIFI is fine, but I am no longer able to login router configuration page (192.168.0.1 or tplinkwifi.net).

Attempted over WiFi using Windows 10 web browser and Android's Tether app. In fact, Tether app indicates router is online and there is a Firmware update available.
However, when trying to log in it says "Login failed. You may be connected to a guest network, limited by parental controls or your network may be unstable".
Also tried Ethernet cable; web browser would return "192.168.0.1 took too long to respond".

Tried turning off router for ~2mins and on again, no help.

But i notice there is a very short span of time configuration page shows up and allow me to log in upon starting up router.

However after ~15 secs i am "kicked" out and revert to the usual not responding screens.

Any suggestion? Last resort would be the hardware reset button.
But I am worried the problem of logging in would persist even after reset, and then I would lose internet access that at least I am having now.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to access router configuration Archer AX10
2020-11-26 12:42:40
Maybe a shot in the dark. Have you changed the DNS servers as I was experimenting with mine and had issue connecting to the router.
Options
2020-11-26 14:42:50

@ArcherC8 Not sure what exactly it is but it should be default; I checked Network Adapter's properties for both IPV4 and 6, "obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected.

Properties of the WiFi network for IPV4 DNS is 192.168.0.1 (same as what I being using to configure router).

Options
2020-11-26 15:43:52
Sounds okay. Try power off both the PC and router, power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the PC and retest. You may need to clear the history and such out of the browser you are using, can try a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox, and even a different computer.
Options
2020-11-28 04:28:07

@ArcherC8 

Power cycling and using another PC device did not work.

Eventually did reset button. Now able to access the router configurations again.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 4

Related Articles