AX50 and mDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 and mDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50 and mDNS
AX50 and mDNS
2020-12-15 07:22:41

I ordered an AX50 from Dell and it arrived a day or two ago after a months-long delay.  I thought this would be an upgrade from the C7 that I loved but so far ...

The initial problem is getting mDNS to work. I have three raspberry Pi's running the volumio music player on the home network. With the C7  I could connect to them

by way of URLs like kitchen.local,  study.local and so on. That worked initially with the AX50, then it stopped working for some; then it stopped working for others; them it started working again, for some but not others;  then it stopped ...  some of the Pi's also just disappear from the network completely for a time and then magically re-appear.

Is there anyone on the forum who has relevant experience or knowledge to share?   Should mDNS just work (as with the c7?). If configuration is required how do I do it? Why on earth does it work occasionally? 

So far this is not exactly the `upgrade' I had been anticipating.  Thanks very much for any advice or information.

S.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 0

Related Articles