How to Use remote desktop connection with Deco M9 and a Modem/Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 18:32:25

Hi, I have a modem/router that is connected to my internet service using a Coaxial cable. I am using Deco M9 Plus to establish a mesh system inside my house. I have configured the port forwarding in my modem/router to enable Remote desktop connection. When I use the Deco M9 plus in router mode, remote desktop doesn't seem to work. It only works when I use it as a access point. When I use it as an Access Point, I don't get good speeds. I need help to use it as a router and enabling Remote desktop at the same time. Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Use remote desktop connection with Deco M9 and a Modem/Router
2021-01-13 23:35:12

@deagle311 

If RDP works in AP Mode then your port forwarding rules reflect the LAN IP of your modem/router. You need to change them to point to the IP that the Deco gets from the modem/router. You would then log into the Deco and see what LAN IP it gave the computer that you are going to RDP into and do port forwarding for that as well (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1797/). So you are essentially doing double port forwarding, the modem/router forwarding the ports for the IP it gave the Deco, and forwarding the ports for the computer's IP that the Deco gave it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2039

Replies: 1

Related Articles