Archer A7 - Some websites not loading. Direct connection to modem works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-22 23:39:27
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.39623(5553)

I am trying to reach websites that I was once able to reach. They now time out. 

It is very random, and Ive noticed at least 3 different ones.

These site work elsewhere. When I am at work they are fine, and when I have a friend try from his house, they work fine.

I have ruled out the devices - it happens on multiple devices connected to the router. Laptops, mobile devices...

I ruled out DNS - I changed it on the devices, as well as the router, then rebooted. No change.

I have reset the router to FACTORY DEFAULTS, and the issue persists.

IF I CONNECT DIRECTLY TO MY MODEM, THE PAGES DISPLAY.

I am noticing that others are having similar issues. This is definitely a problem with the router.

Please help. I was impressed with this router when I got it a few months ago - something happened recently that is no good.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A7 - Some websites not loading. Direct connection to modem works
2021-04-23 23:51:45
Are you using both IPv4 and IPv6?
Options
Re:Archer A7 - Some websites not loading. Direct connection to modem works
2021-07-16 12:12:34

@meestermole  following this.  I'm having similar issue trying to connect to my VPN.  I can get there when I directly connect to through the modem but not when I go through the router.  It has worked fine in the past then "poof" stopped letting me connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 2

Related Articles