Network Behavior

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network Behavior

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network Behavior
Network Behavior
2021-05-18 18:27:18
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

Hello,

My home network recently started behaving oddly.

i have an Archer C4000 as my primary router, connected to my cable modem.  i have an Archer C3150 set up in AP mode for WIFI expansion.

i have the usual assortment (probably too many...) of wired ((4) WIN10 PCs, (1) acting as home media server/print server) and wireless devices ((3) phones, (2) tables, (3) WIN10 laptops and (1) Chromebook.  Network also supports other enabled devices (TVs, gaming consoles, etc...).  Usual connectivity is wired unless dedicated wireless device.

Issue is now when browsing the internet, 9/10 times sites are initially unresolveable, but when F5/Refrexh is hit, then site comes up.  Internet browsing is considerably impeded.  Parental controls are in effect, but systems not under PC are also affected.

Have reset C4000 to factory and reconfigured.  Have reset C3150 to factory and reconfigured.

Wired Topopgraphy:

Cable Modem -> C4000 -> C3150_AP ->

-> Win10 PC 

-> GB Switch -> devices

-> GB switch -> devices

-> GB switch -> devices

C3150 in AP mode has reserved IP address from C4000.  Wired devices same.  Only floating IP addresses are on wireless devices,  Wired use addresses in the .1.5 to .1.75 range.  WIreless devices can obtain addresses in the .1.100 to .1.150 range.

WIFI radios on C4000 and C3150 are set far enough apart so no overlapping frequencies.

Isses started recently, maybe mid-April or so.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Derek

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network Behavior
2021-05-24 22:44:28

@vandekuytd 

If it has to do with resolving web pages, I would try manually assigning various DNS servers to see if that resolves it. Log into the C4000 and go to Advanced > Network > Internet, and set the primary and secondary to something like:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Related Articles