Strange and unruly behavior from m9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 02:37:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20200324 Rel. 51287

Where to begin?  7 hours troubleshooting and I have not one question answered by tech support.  I have two m9 units.  The master has been placed in a variety of locations. It has been swaped with the 'slave' unit.  I have major slowdowns.  Should be getting 200mbps with Frontier.  When I check the speed of my wireless, It appears fine, but I am booted off often.  When I go into the app to check the speed....there are two places you can do this, right?  There is the "test internet speed" under router settings.  That says I am not connected (but I am).  Then you can check speed for each unit under overview/internet/all decos.  I have two.  Each one registers about 4kbps.  Thats it.  Welcome to the internet before the high speeds of dial up.  So what is it?  How can I be online with such slow speeds?  Why constantly getting kicked off.  There are obviously steps I have taken to check and recheck different things.  I am ready to go Eero but invested in these.  Anyone out there who can guide me gets a cookie and my gratitude (better than said cookie).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Strange and unruly behavior from m9
2020-06-11 18:35:52

@sugarman 

Don't use the Deco speed tester, use a separate app. The most common reason for a bad connection is the placement of the Deco units. Move them close to each other either the next room over or the same room just to see if it is distance related. If they seem to work normally, then relocate the units. If you give the Decos a perfect environment and they still act like you described factory default them all by holding the reset and set them up one more time. 

You can also swap the main Deco unit for another one to see if that helps with the connection/stability.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 1

Related Articles