Printer not recognizing network name of my new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-26 16:30:28
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer AX 50 router and was able to connect successfully to all my devices in my home including my IPhones, IPads, TVs, etc.  I am not able to connect to my HP Office Jet Pro 9015 printer.  The network does not come up on the printer screen and when I type it in, it does not recognize it.  I am using the same Network name that I used for all my other devices so I know I have that right.  Could it be not comparable with that printer?  Or is there a step I am missing? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Printer not recognizing network name of my new router
2021-06-26 21:58:53

@Mauiyoga 

Possible it could be because of Security? Test with NO Security and see if it sees it. If it does, lower Security until it would connect.

Other possibility is the SSID channel. Might be too high for the printer to be on?

Options
2021-06-26 22:18:07

@IrvSp - I do not know how to lower security and. I do not understand  SSID channel.  Could you explain both please?

Options
2021-06-27 16:26:10

@Mauiyoga,

Mauiyoga wrote

@IrvSp - I do not know how to lower security and. I do not understand  SSID channel.  Could you explain both please?

On your WIRELESS SETTINGS, you'll see this:

SSID is the Network Name... as you can see above. You get to that by entering the Router Interface on a Browser, and then selecting Advanced, Wireless, Wireless Settings as above.

Security, there are really 3 lines for that, Security, Version, and Encryption. I'll assume the default shown above is what you have?

There are some setings of interest here. Note 2 are set to AUTO... and some device do NOT like that choice. Some devices will not responsd or see the SSID (Network Name) if they are not set to one they can handle. Hence my suggestion to try NO SECURITY.

You reach that on the Security Line:

The 'green' is the default, and selecting the down arrow will show you this. Select 'No Security' and see if that helps. Still having a problem, it could be the Channel Width or Frequency. I'd look at Frequency first. and they go from 1 to 11:

Auto will usualy use the least crowded, but some devices might not work above 8 or 9. Set it lower than 8 for instance, and some reading for this, https://www.extremetech.com/computing/179344-how-to-boost-your-wifi-speed-by-choosing-the-right-channel

Channel Width:

Most devices can handle both, but set it to 20Mhz and all can usually handle that.

Bt the way, HP says the printer can support " 802.1x Authentication for Ethernet; WPA2-Enterprise; WPA2-Personal; ", so I wouldn't expect a problem with any defaults other than the Channel # (frequency) or Channel Width being a possible problem?

If it still doesn't work, this might be better asking in the HP forum? For all I know, it might be required to reset the printer to have it forget the old router info? See https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-factory-reset-an-hp-printer-10468 but I don't know if you'll lose needed settings/information doing so?

Options
2021-06-28 12:23:08

@Mauiyoga 

Be sure the SSID is not set to hidden in the router's WIFI settings as some devices have an issue with that. Hidden SSID does not give you any security as there are to many ways to see it anyway.

Be sure you are on the 2.4 network. See the notes at the bottom of https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-officejet-pro-9015-all-in-one-printer

If both bands have the same SSID, that can cause an issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 4

Related Articles