Using US Router in the UK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-28 20:32:58
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Is it possible to use my Archer A7 router that I purchased in the US in the UK? I tried referring to this Wikipedia entry, and it appears that there's enough overlap between US and UK frequencies that the router should work? But I don't know if there is more to consider (obviously it's a dual voltage router so that's not a concern) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using US Router in the UK
2021-09-29 13:11:37

@ExpatRouters 

The power adapter would need to be changed to handle 50 vs 60 cycles and 110 vs 220 volts. Many power adapters do handle both.

It may be illegal as the power levels allowed vary by country as do the allowed channels. Some routers allow you to set a country code and other do not.

I would also assume that you would not have support from the vendor if you have any issues.

Options