Wireless drops connectivity with only certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-18 01:39:42
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

The wireless randomly drops to cell phones and laptops in the house, yet all streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire sticks and hardwired computers remain connected.  What am I missing/what's going on?

Options
10 Reply
Re:Wireless drops connectivity with only certain devices
2021-11-19 01:22:14

@nfamos1 

Hello, does the disconnect issue permanently happen on all wireless devices at the same time, or does it happen randomly on different laptops and phones? Please check if there is a private MAC address or called random MAC address feature enabled on the phones, you can try to disable that, then confirm again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2951/

What are the wireless settings on the AX90? Try to change to different wireless channels, and change security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm.

If this happens on the specific laptop and phone, I would like to have the model of the adapter on the laptop and the phone model and its OS version, we will need to confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-27 17:12:44
The version of the AX90 is 1.6 the latest firmware is installed 1.1.5 Build 20210903 rel.39200 The phones are Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra 5G REV 1.0 Andriod version 12
Options
2021-11-30 06:30:24

@nfamos1 

Thank you.

Have you checked if the private MAC address or random MAC address feature is enabled on the phones? Try disabling it then confirm.

What is the current 5GHz wireless channel on the AX90 when the drops happen on the Samsung galaxy s21? Try to choose a channel that gets less congestion with your neighbours.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-30 15:20:57 - last edited 2021-11-30 15:21:45

How do I check the wireless channel in Tether? I have been looking for that for some time and can't find it.  The mac address is set to phone mac address, not random.

Options
2021-12-01 02:17:36

@nfamos1 

You can check the settings on the router web GUI, the current channel will display at the Status page, then you can try changing different channels as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Options
2021-12-27 00:45:42

@Kevin_Z The interface of the Archer AX90 doesn't allow me to change channels for wireless.  The options aren't as the link you sent in my GUI.

Options
2021-12-27 02:02:33

@nfamos1 

Can I have a screenshot of the Wireless Settings on your AX90? Be sure you've disabled Smart Connect first, otherwise, you cannot modify the wireless settings.

Options
2021-12-29 22:58:28
Options
2021-12-29 23:00:09

@Kevin_Z 5Ghz-2 settings are the same, but I set the channel to 104(DFS).

Options
2021-12-30 12:25:07

@nfamos1 

I will suggest trying changing the wireless security for the 5G-1 and 5G-2 networks to WPA/WPA2-Personal, Version chooses WPA2-PSK, then Encryption AES, reboot the router and connect the network again.

Options