Archer C5400 V1 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 V1 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C5400 V1 Firmware
Archer C5400 V1 Firmware
2022-07-22 19:37:48
Tags: #Firmware Update #Firmware support
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer C5400(US)_V1_170731

Where is the support for this router? Its not that old of a router and has not had an update since 2017. There have been so many Vulnerabilities discrovered since then. Not cool to sell a $250-300 router that support was just dropped. This makes me think twice about buyin another TP-Link brand of anything and Im sure alot of people think that way. Why stop support of this router? Is it the same with the other models you sell? anybody can answer that if they would like in the comments. I just think it is crazy to leave your customers hanging like that. I could see it if it was a $50 router, but I invested alot into this thing.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 V1 Firmware
2022-07-27 16:09:34 - last edited 2022-07-27 16:10:27

@steve_ham 

Yes, it is a hard pill to swallow, but I do not think you will find any manufacturer providing any more than 3-4 years of support for netwroking equimpment.  Expecting more than 5 years of support in an industry that releases new models on an almost yearly basis is unrealistic.  How long are cell phone manufacturers supporting their products with software updates?  It is just a hard reality and too expensive and time consuming for companies to support products that long.  Sometimes, it may even be a hardware limitation to provide the updates you wish to see.

Hope this makes sense.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 593

Replies: 1

Tags

Firmware Update
Firmware support
Related Articles