Trying to connect smart device with AC2300 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 04:36:32

I'm trying to connect my thermostat to my network using 2.4 GHz. When I turn off the 5 GHz radio I lose my network access on all my devices. I have the 2.4 GHz saved but none of my phones or computers see it. What am I doing wrong? I have a TPlink AC2300.Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trying to connect smart device with AC2300 router
2022-10-15 23:59:59

This may help others.

I have another router bridged to the Archer C2300 (AC2300) to access another device in my basement. Since I have WDS bridging enabled on the 2.4 GHz band it is unavailable. When I unclicked WDS bridging, saved it, and rebooted my router, the 2.4 GHz spectrum was available to set up my thermostat. I set my my 2.4G and 5G SSIDs and passwords to be the same so the device would recognize the network name and log on with the correct password. I unclicked the 5G radio and saved it.The network was available, but running on the 2.4G spectrum so I was able to set up my thermostat.I verified it was 2.4G in Windows wireless properties. After it was set up, I re-clicked the 5G radio,saved it and clicked WDS bridging, saved it and rebooted my router. I didn't change anything else. Everything is working in 5G as it should.*jinx*

So if you are not using WDS bridging, all you should have to do is disable the 5G radio and you could set up your smart device on the 2.4G spectrum. Then renable it after you are done. Don't forget to reboot your router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 1

Related Articles