Smart Connect on AX3000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Connect on AX3000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Connect on AX3000
Smart Connect on AX3000
2022-11-06 14:32:13 - last edited 2022-11-09 08:50:33
Tags: #Feature Request #Smart Connect
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've confired my network and have turned on Smart Connect. Unfortunately some of the devices I have located too far from the router are selecting 5ghZ where the signal is weak. Why arent my devices and the router detecting poor performance and switching to 2.4ghz? The only workaround I've discovered is to either use the guest network at 2.4 or turn off smart connect and run two wireless SSIDs between the two frequencies. Does anyone else have a solution? My router firmware is on the latest. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Connect on AX3000
2022-11-09 08:50:09

Hey @chipsandsalsa 

It seems others report the opposite in this thread. And I believe IrvSp has explained how Smart Connect works in different networks, and whether to connect to the 2.4G or 5G would be decided by your own devices but not by the router.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 1

Tags

Feature Request
Smart Connect
Related Articles