Deco XE5300 issues with backhaul, frequency optimization and speed testing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-30 19:56:24
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 build 20220429 Rel. 1970

First of all, I'm using these in AP mode.  My router does not have wifi.  I have 3 deco xe5300 units.  Beamforming is off, Fast Roaming is on (must be or I will have issues), and Smart DHCP is off (not sure how AP mode would use this anyway).  My app is v 3.0.19.  I'm using Android 13 on Pixel 7 Pro (6E, 6ghz capable).  I have a 1Gig fiber connection and I can only get 3-400, maybe 500 Mbps, consistantly (using 5 or 6ghz).  I work for the ISP, so I know we aren't throtelling.  If I put the units in router mode and go directly to the ONT, I have the same limit (i.e. I know it isn't my router).

I am having a few issues, so I'm mentioning a lot of information.

1) I want to make all units use eithernet backhaul

2) I want to figure out why I can't get in the 900's for a speed test (I know I won't get a full gig)

3) I want to understand the wifi optimization (or lack thereof)

With my previous mesh AP units, all 3 units were on different 2.4 ghz channels and handed off.  With deco, it seems to have all 3 on the same 2.4ghz channel.  Is this correct?  It seems like it would cause interferance....but maybe they are all timed together.  If that is the case, that would seem to limit throughput as they all take turns.

In any case, I run the optimizer and reboot.  While the channel choice does move around, it doesn't seem to want to go to channel 11, which is clear.  Actually 8-11 are really good, with 11 being unused.  I understand separation, but if it moved to 11, there would be very little overlap, even at 40MHz.  Instead, it just wants to sit somewhere around 4 to 7 range.

Also, I can never get both satellite units to use ethernet for backhul.  I can't easily connect the units together, but they do have to go through some unmanaged switches.  I have all 1GE switches and have no other issues, including using backhaul with my other mesh network units (not deco, but rather wifi 5 with ethernet backhaul or wifi) using ethernet backhaul (not to mention all 3 on different wifi channels).

Any suggestions?

Maybe beta firmware or beta app?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 0

Related Articles