USB Printer to Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB Printer to Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB Printer to Ethernet
USB Printer to Ethernet
2022-12-06 14:06:25
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I haven't switched to the Deco router yet due to printer issue.  Is there an adapter to connect a USB printer to Ethernet.  My old router has a USB port.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Printer to Ethernet
2022-12-06 19:57:43

@p1800e,

If I am understanding correctly, you have a printer that doesn't have any networking technology included, such as an Ethernet Port or the Ability to Connect via Wi-Fi.

In this case, you must attach the device to a device that can actually decipher and receive the print commands, as the printer will simply perform the action.

There are adapters on the market that allow you to connect your USB Printers to the network with an Ethernet Connection, however, the quality and performance of these aren't guaranteed, but they should do what you need.

Otherwise, the printer can be added to the network from a PC that it is connected to, as long as the PC is on. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles