Love the AX55, but Web UI Could be More Flexible, Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 07:39:35
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4341)

You have a great web interface, it just doesn't have flexibility in mind.

Consider that a user may want to broadcast DUMMY SIDs.

Few reasons for this, possibly the user is mitigating an attack; DUMMY SIDs attack as DDOS or Dictionary Attack firewall; pretends to attack like normal SIDs but uses very little resources.  So that's a cool feature that's missing.

Consider that I might only want to use the GUEST 2.4 GHZ, and not the main 2.4 GHZ because the GUEST 2.4 GHZ is tighter; Web UI does not allow; sad face.

Consider that I might only want to enable ACCESS CONTROL for the 2.4GHZ band; Web UI does not allow; sad face.

These are common sense flexibilities, absent as far as I am concerned.

Current SETUP: Cable modem -> Wired Router -> AX55 (currently working in wireless router mode)

That's great that is is working that mode with next to no adjustment, but if its already working in that mode what difference would Wireless AP mode bring?

What are the pros and cons of both modes in that current setup?

Where's the option to change the login name?  (not critical)

Why is the login not https by default (do you want to leak the router password wirelessly?)

Noticed Open VPN performance was 10 megabits/s under current configuration; care to speculate on why performance is so low?

Don't love that I need a separate app to manage homesheild, why do you force this; the use of mobile to enable?

That's the sum of my grippes.

Everything else is all good, great product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 188

Replies: 0

Related Articles