Deco W7200 Web UI; Is there one?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-02 06:18:56 - last edited 2021-12-02 06:27:19

Hello,

Does the Deco W7200 have a web UI?

I'm looking at buying a W7200 and wanted to confirm that it has a web UI for configuration. The app sounds nice but I expect it to be limited when compared to a typical web UI.

I look forward to your help.

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco W7200 Web UI; Is there one?
2021-12-02 23:43:00

@LuckyMan 

No it does not.  Our Deco systems were all designed around the Deco App.  While some units may have a limited Web UI it more of an infromational UI displaying the network map and allowing for manual firmware updates, but does not offer any control or customization of the product. 

Options
2021-12-03 04:08:39

Thanks @Carl. Given how phones are replacing computers I can see that making sense.

Can one telnet into the router?

Options
2021-12-03 20:02:40

@LuckyMan 

No but the Deco uses a TP-Link ID to sign into the Deco system.  This also allow remote access through the cloud for said account.  You can also assign manager.  Only owner and manager accounts can access the Deco, whether it be local or remote.  

Options
2021-12-03 21:17:09

Well thanks again, @Carl .

Carl wrote

@LuckyMan 

No but the Deco uses a TP-Link ID to sign into the Deco system.  This also allow remote access through the cloud for said account.  You can also assign manager.  Only owner and manager accounts can access the Deco, whether it be local or remote.  

I now have a few more questions. smiley

1. What is the difference between "the Deco" and "the Deco system"?
  2. Is "the cloud" found at www.tplinkcloud.com?
  3. Does the access via the cloud get one the same/more/less settings than the mobile app?

Thanks,

Options
2021-12-03 22:02:36

@LuckyMan 

1. Same thing.  Some times we will say Deco System to denote the entire system you are using or just The Deco in sort hand. We may even say the Deco when refering to a specific node.

2.  No its built in automatically to the app, however the account created is the same, or rather can be. 

3.  No because its built into the App the access is exactly the same whether you control your system locally or remotely.  Full access as long as you are the owner or have been granted access by the owner as a manager.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1166

Replies: 5

Related Articles