AX3000/Archer AX55 Mesh Support with Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-21 19:47:19 - last edited 2022-12-23 12:43:31
Model: Archer AX55   Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20221105 rel.1354(5553)

Hello!

I picked up a new AX3000/Archer AX55 a few months ago, and it is the primary Wifi router that connects to our DSL modem.  In an attempt to minimize some slow/dead spots in our two-story house, I picked up a 3-pack of the Deco P9 Mesh routers.  I was hoping to maintain the current AX55 wireless network (that a ton of devices are already associated with) and use the Mesh units as Access Points. To test this, I connected a P9 in another location via (whole house) Ethernet to a port on the AX55 router, which saw the P9 as a DHCP client.  I setup the P9, first as router (as that's the only way, initially) and via the Deco app I switched it to Access Point mode.  However, the AX55 doesn't see the P9 as a Mesh client/device, and in testing the wifi speeds, it didn't appear that the P9 was broadcasting/extending the wireless network from the AX55.

Interestingly, when I logged into the AX55, it alerted me to a firmware update which I installed.  Once that completed, all references to "OneMesh" in the interface are now "EasyMesh" though the Tp-Link website says that's a "Planned" feature (see below).  Is that now officially supported?  But beyond that, are the AX3000 and the P6 devices compatible via any kind of Mesh?  If so, I'm not sure how to get the AX55 to see the P9's as Mesh devices as they are never found when I try to Add a new device from the AX55 interface? Thanks, in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX3000/Archer AX55 Mesh Support with Deco P9
2022-12-23 12:53:16

@the_p0ssum 

Deco Mesh is not compatible with Onemesh or EasyMesh. Check this Q4/A4.

AX55 does support EasyMesh, but it seems there is only an early-release firmware and I assume it is not available via the online upgrade. You can check this thread posted in the global community. Do you mean you have already upgraded and installed this version via the online upgrade?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:AX3000/Archer AX55 Mesh Support with Deco P9
2022-12-23 15:51:50

@Liverpool20 Thanks for the reply.  And, yes, this is also what I've determined.  The marketing materials make it sound like any of these devices will work together, but the reality is that they're all different (and incompatible) technologies.

As for my AX55, the device alerted me to an available firmware upgrade when I had logged in, and after applying it this is what the UI reflects (EasyMesh functionality):

bc9e207b50a94f1fa2b4fa81244adc6f

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1000

Replies: 2

Related Articles