My RE505X extender is detecting my 5G but not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-07 22:46:26
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just yesterday purchased an RE505X wifi adapter for my apartment, as it is one wifi connection for an entire building of people. I was setting the device up and was able to get a 2.4G connection and LED to light up, but the 5G LED does not light up, despite the Tether app detecting my 5G connection in the area and letting me input the password, and then taking me to the setup screen where it says a percentage until it is done. Once it appears to be set up, however, it says the 5G connection is lost and no 5G was ever lit up on my adapter to begin with. I do not know if it is an issue with my adapter or the router for my building, as both their 2.4G and 5G connections are being used on the same wifi, rather than being able to input a password for them separately. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:My RE505X extender is detecting my 5G but not connecting
2023-01-12 12:01:27

@Isaiahd528 

Hi, it is suggested to have a look at this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/501914

3. Change the wireless channel on the host router, such as Band1 (36-48) or Band4 (149-165) for 5 GHz, channel 1/6/11 for 2.4 GHz.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 563

Replies: 1

Related Articles