Updated firmware on router, Tether now states invalid password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 14:41:54
Tags: #Firmware update

Took the latest firmware update for the Archer AX11000 and upon the restart the Tether app will not allow me to log into my router. It states incorrect password and locks the router for 2 hours, yet the login information was saved to the phones auto complete and the password wasn't changed. I seriously don't want to factor reset it and then reconnect/setup priorities for 15 devices. It also doesn't show my local device, it only shows the cloud saved device. What's the workaround or fix? Or is it a "wait and see" if a patch will resolve the issue. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Updated firmware on router, Tether now states invalid password
2023-01-19 08:56:44

@Heartbreakerh2o 

Hi, resetting the password of the TP-Link ID is not via a hardware reset, and will not mess up the current internet configuration on the Archer AX11000. 

It is suggested to have a look at this link https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1371/

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Tags

Firmware update
Related Articles