Guest Network in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Guest Network in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Guest Network in AP Mode
Guest Network in AP Mode
2023-02-14 07:05:16

Is there any way to broadcast a specific tagged VLAN as the guest network rather than having the deco do whatever it does?

I'm guessing the behavior is to block all local addresses other than the gateway and DNS received via DHCP... but I would like to have a separate firewall handle the guest network entirely.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Guest Network in AP Mode
2023-02-14 19:47:01

@DanTheMan827,

As far as I am aware, there is no real form of AP isolation that can be used when the Decos are operating in AP mode, as your other router in the network is managing the connections, firewall rules, and network. The Deco is only following the instructions of what is sent to the device. Essentially, the data is not isolated because the data still has to be fed back to the main router, where it is only then managed and secured.

For most of our decos, there are options to isolate the guest network when it is operating in Router Mode, which would broadcast a separate SSID that can separate your guest devices from your main network, or allow you to completely disallow guest devices from interacting and seeing devices on the main network.

Options
Re:Guest Network in AP Mode
2023-02-18 01:03:13

@Riley_S I already have a router sending out two different networks on different VLAN tags though, I don't really need the deco trying to secure my internal network but would rather just have it broadcast the guest network VLAN being sent by my Unifi security gateway

Options