I cannot locate the IP address to login to my access point.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-26 19:40:27
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

I have set up this as an access point.   The main router is in a different building I am using two Nanostations (by Ubiquiti) to bridge between the main router to this router.  The default gateway is 10.0.0.1.   

I do not see the archer router in my list of devices.  I tried using "tplinkwifi.net" and "tplinkeap.net" but neither one of them worked.  I also tried connecting directly to the router using an Ethernet cable.  I know its up and working because the two wifi networks I set up are still working.

The main reason for me trying to get in right now is that I keep dropping the internet connection, it only lasts a few seconds, but its just enough time to drop any connections I have.

Does anyone have any ideas how to connect to this access point or how to find out what the ip address is for a specific wifi network?

Below is a snapshot of the network details ...

network Details

Options
4 Reply
Re:I cannot locate the IP address to login to my access point.
2023-04-26 22:19:39 - last edited 2023-04-26 22:21:59

@Rnes 

I noticed that you are using ipv6 only.

Is the wireless bridge (not connected to the LAN) also  ipv6 only, or can you enable ipv4 on both devices (the  AP and the NON-LAN Bridge) to see if they communicate with each other using ipv4?

Can you connect by ethernet cable to the non-LAN bridge and get network connectivity? If you have internet on the non-lan side bridge, then your bridge is stable and we need to troubleshoot the AP. If there is NO internet using a cable then your issue is at the bridge. 

If you lower the transmit power level on your AP, can you connect then? I know it seems like a weird question but it matters.

*Update: Did you (when creating the AP) use Clone MY IP  or accidently reused an IP in use? First come first serve. 2nd IP gets ignored usually.

-B

Options
2023-04-27 01:42:25

@ITConstruction Thanks for your response.

The app I was using for the screen shot looks like it did not show ipv4, here us a snapshot from windows Network & internet settings for my wifi network that is set up on the access point.  The IP on ivp4 is my computers IP not the my access point.  I am not sure about the transmit power for my access point, since I get login to it.

OK, I just found the IP address of the TP-link Archer 6 router (set up as an access point).  I found it by logging onto the default gateway.  It shows up as a device connected by ethernet (I was thinking it would be wi-fi).  I guess this makes sense since the nanostation bridge is connected to the gateway via an ethernet (POE) cable.  However I am still not able to connect to it via the wifi network set up on the access point.

I also noticed that when I was looking at the nanostation bridge that it dropped connection for a few seconds and I lost internet.  That is the real problem I am trying to solve.  I was hoping I could log onto the tp-link router and see if there is an firmware or update.    I did update the firmware on two bridge devices.

d4fcbd0a16d94f78a6c36c01c3926a7d

Options
2023-04-27 16:44:58

@Rnes 

Ok. So the issue IS with the AP. Its not sending wifi VISIBLY. Now that you know the IP address, I almost want to say ( for shortening troubleshooting times) factory reset the AP and start over, making sure to leave the AP visible AND for troubleshooting, use no security at all, just to make sure you CAN get connections.

Once you are satisfied that the AP is not faulty, add your security but leave the AP visible.

Once you have THAT down, then you can make your AP invisible if you wish. 

I know there are different ways to skin a cat, but if you cant get to the basic issue off hand, then you wont be able to troubleshoot an AP you cant see. Does that make sense?

Start at square one, one foot in front of the other. 

Options
2023-04-28 14:02:12

@ITConstruction Yes, I was thinking about having to do reset to factory setting.  I was hoping not to have to do that, but I think your right.  In the end it will probably take less time.  Thanks again for your input.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2016

Replies: 4

Related Articles