Strange Issue with phone on Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-04 18:50:30
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220714 rel.75573(5553)

I have a motorola moto G stylus 5G 2021 phone and can not use the Wi-Fi mode on it with this Router!angry Every time it is activated in the Wi-Fi mode when I get a incoming call the audio is muted and I have to call the person back to hear them! It is not just this phone, it did it with my previous phone also. I have updated to the latest firmware but that didn't fix it! Tried hitting the mute button off and on but that didn't work. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Phone on T-Mobile network, router on spectrum. Have spectrum with just their modem and my TP-Link router. About ready to switch to another router brand!angry

Options
3 Reply
Re:Strange Issue with phone on Wi-Fi
2023-05-05 08:40:15

Hello @Hotlynx16 

As per your description, it seems that you're using Wi-Fi Calling with the network.

Please go through the suggestions provided in the following article to check if you can get it to work correctly:

What should I do if Wi-Fi calling cannot work through TP-Link wireless router?

If no luck, please check to see if you can connect the phone to another wireless network and get the calls correctly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-05 13:18:06

@Hotlynx16 Thanks for the reply, I will try those settings. With Wi-Fi calling turned on I can make phone calls fine with no problem, it is only the incomming calls that have the audio muted. I use Wi-Fi calling turned on at my brothers house and other places with no issues.

Options
2023-05-08 12:02:50

@Hotlynx16 

Got you. Please let me know if any of the suggestions provided in the FAQ helps resolve the issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 3

Related Articles