Additional unit add on capability to expand BE95 range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-04 11:28:21
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In a very large house, how can additional units be added to expand coverage if the BE95 doesn't reach everywhere in the house or in the pool and patio areas, and what units will work? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Additional unit add on capability to expand BE95 range
2023-06-04 22:22:40

@Iplumr in my research, it seems that almost any deco router unit will work for that purpose; I ordered a x55 single unit to see if that would do it, still waiting for it to come

Options
2023-06-04 22:28:07

@wase4711 thanks for your response. I should have clarified to ask if there are Wi-Fi 7 units that can be added to the BE95 system? If not, I assume the speed and bandwidth would drop to the level of the add on unit's capabilities. 

Options
2023-06-04 22:35:38
there are only 2 wifi deco mesh models out now at all, so thats not an option right now. I dont think it would lower the speeds on the devices connected to the main wifi 7 units, but, you surely wont get the super speeds of wifi 7 using a wifi 5 or 6 mesh unit
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 3

Related Articles