Smart Connect for 2.4 and 5 GHz. What about 6 GHz?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-07 21:36:06
Tags: #smartconnect
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

When using Smart Connect, it says when enabled, "the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz networks share the same network name and password".

If I configure the same network name and password manually, does this make Smart Connect redundant?

Also, out of the box, the AXE300 gives the 6 GHz network a separate network name. My MacBook complains about this and Apple suggests:

"Don't give your 2.4GHz, 5GHz, or 6GHz bands different names. All bands should have the same name."

Other than some devices not being able to use 6 GHz, why does Smart Connect ignore 6 GHz it when Apple suggests everything should have the same name?

I'm trying to understand the need for Smart Connect.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Connect for 2.4 and 5 GHz. What about 6 GHz?
2023-08-03 06:29:52

@4nthony 

If smart connect is disabled and you set the same name&password for all the three WiFi, it would be your client devices that decide which band they connect or roam among different bands.

Anyway, TP-Link should consider integrating all the three bands when using Smart Connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 758

Replies: 1

Tags

smartconnect
Related Articles