Download speed capped at 10Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-08 15:51:20

Hi guys, I've got a Tp-Link wpa4220 kit and then another AV600, so that I got one Av600 on one floor and the other on another floor of the house. Up until April I had an FTTC connection (200Mbps) and everything worked fine with the powerline adapters. Now I've switched to a Fiber ti the home connection (1Gbps) and since then the download speed through the powerlines is capped at 10Mbps, while before this it went up to 70/75 Mbps. This happens both via LAN and Wi-Fi, so it's not a cable issue, and happens with both my Av600. I've tried looking through the options but couldn't find anything that may be limiting my download speed. I think the upload could be capped too, but right now I can't confirm it. Does someone know what could be causing this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Download speed capped at 10Mbps
2023-10-20 07:38:10

@Broskinator97 could be a software configuration issue on the powerlines themselves. It's just a pain to get into a menu to check. I don't have the older ones anymore but their login was more robust. 

I would also check by reseting it all, pairing them again or trying different sockets just to eliminate more things that might be the issue. 

Options
Re:Download speed capped at 10Mbps
2023-11-06 21:48:09
Seems firmware is outdated: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/204238
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 2

Related Articles