2 routers stop assigning dhcp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 21:05:52 - last edited 2023-09-10 10:11:03
Tags: #dhcp
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi All, I had a Archer A6 router. WiFi Disabled, using just as a router. Using Deco M5's for WiFi and a 24 port gigabit switch.

For a while had a problem where computers would not get an IP when connecting either hard wired or over WiFi. Existing steadily connected devices work fine, but turn on a new laptop or phone and they would show connected to the network by only have a 169. IP. If i rebooted the Archer A6, then the devices had no problem getting an IP via DHCP. Few days later would start again. Figured it was the router.

Replaced the Archer A6 with a ER605 business class router.

Same exact problem. Turn on a laptop or even a phone and connect via WiFi or hard wired and they don't get an IP. Reboot the ER605 and then they get IP's just fine but a few days later, turn on a device and again cant get IP. Not a problem with the Deco's since happens on hard wired too.

Nothing else special about the network, switch is just a tplink unmanaged 24 port gigabit switch.

Any suggestions since both tp-link routers are doing the same thing? they seem to just stop assigning IP's over DHCP. I have tried everything i can see in the router including limited IP assignment range, full range from 2-255. Nothing seems to help.

Thanks!

-Bob

Options
2 Reply
Re:2 routers stop assigning dhcp
2023-09-11 11:04:01

@BOb123456789 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. The 24 ports switch is connected to the main router A6 directly, or connected to the Deco M5?

2. Does the Deco M5 work on router mode or AP mode?

3. When the issue happens, if you connect a computer to LAN port of main router A6, will it obtain IP address correctly and get internet access?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:2 routers stop assigning dhcp
2023-09-11 11:18:13 - last edited 2023-09-11 11:24:22

@Sunshine 

There is no longer an A6, its a ER605 for the router.

24p unmanageed switched going into that.

Deco into that, along with all devices, deco is only in AP mode (not a router)

I never tried plugging one of the laptops that wont obtain an IP directly into the router, bypassing the switches. I will definetly try that next time and report back :)

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 2

Tags

dhcp
Related Articles